Why Choose Broadband Connect LLC?
- Established Team with national experience and capabilities – skilled technology management, engineers and technicians
- Solid past-performance in the design, installation and testing of voice, data, video and security cabling infrastructures and Technology Systems projects
- Have participated in numerous small and large construction-related telecommunications and cable infrastructure projects
- Thorough understanding of all Federal, State and local standards and specifications:
- Building Industry Consulting Services, International (BiCSi) Corporate member
- Registered Communication Distribution Design (RCDD) Engineer on the Team
- Thoroughly familiar with:
- Local Government and Commercial contracting processes
- Working on construction sites
- Partnering and interfacing with other Trades
- Phased occupancy of construction sites
- Use of electronic project management software systems
- Use of cable plant management software
- Use of CAD software – Visio and AutoCAD
- Believe in the establishment and nurturing of positive Client relationships
John L. Huggins, Jr. MBA, PMP – President
Mr. Huggins founded Broadband Connect LLC in 2010. Mr. Huggins is a veteran of more than 35 years of direct operation and management of Department of Defense and commercial Information Technology systems; telecommunications facilities and systems; Inside & Outside cable infrastructures; and computer operations centers. Mr. Huggins is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and has a thorough understanding of Program Management, Government/Commercial contracting process, and developing Teaming/JV relationships. Mr. Huggins is results driven, a team builder and a recognized leader and visionary; with a talent for working with people and organizations.
Mr. Huggins began his career as a U.S. Air Force Telecommunications/Information Systems Officer; spending twenty-one (21) years, involved in the operation, upgrade and program/project management of IT, telecommunications and cable infrastructure systems around the world. Since his retirement, he has owned and co-founded several technology businesses; forming his first company, Quality Telecommunications Services, Inc., in 1995. Mr. Huggins is a member of BISCI and the Project Management Institute; and is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Mr. Huggins holds BS, Masters and MBA degrees and has completed a host of technical courses, including a Certified Fiber-To-The–Home Professional Course.
Arthur Edwards – Chief Operating Officer
Mr. Edwards is a hands-on executive with over thirty (30) years of diversified and progressive telephone switching system management, sales and operation experience. Mr. Edwards has held management positions at Nortel-Williams Communications Solutions and Shared Technologies; which included the management of over 200 personnel, in the daily operational activities of the Customer Service Operations, and Orders and Systems Upgrades division; the oversight of a wide variety of services including telephone systems for on‑site and remote locations, voice mail and call management applications; the management of all upgrades, analyzing new communications technologies, negotiating service contracts, coordinating new installations, directing maintenance/repairs, purchasing equipment, and processing equipment invoices; the interface with end users and vendors; coordinate moves, adds and changes and provide additional training whenever necessary; as well as the development and implementation of a Customer Focused Program designed to provide highest level of customer service and satisfaction. Mr. Edwards is intimately familiar with Nortel and Avaya enterprise systems.