Why Choose Broadband Connect LLC?
- Established Team with national experience and capabilities – skilled technology management, engineers and technicians
- Solid past-performance in Technology Project Management, the design, installation and maintenance of copper and fiber cabling infrastructures, wireless networks and Telecommunications equipment and Systems
- Have participated in numerous small and large construction-related telecommunications and cable infrastructure projects
- Thorough understanding of all Federal, State and local standards and specifications:
- Registered Communication Distribution Design (RCDD) Engineer on the Team
- Serve as the “Technology General Contractor (GC)” for residential and commercial property developers
- Thoroughly familiar with:
- Local Government and Commercial contracting processes
- Working on construction sites
- Partnering and interfacing with other Trades
- Phased occupancy of construction sites
- Use of electronic project management software systems
- Use of cable plant management software
- Use of CAD software – Visio and AutoCAD
- Believe in the establishment and nurturing of positive Client relationships
John L. Huggins, Jr. MBA, PMP – President
Mr. Huggins founded Broadband Connect LLC in 2010. Mr. Huggins has significant experience in managing State, Local Government, Public School system, military and Federal Government contracts. He is a veteran of more than 40 years of direct operation and management of Department of Defense and commercial Information Technology systems; telecommunications facilities and computer facilities/datacenters; as well as, with the design, installation and maintenance of copper and fiber cable infrastructures. As a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), he has a thorough understanding of Program Management and the proper facilitation of technology projects. He also has extensive experience in Government/Commercial contracting processes and developing Teaming/JV relationships. Mr. Huggins is results driven team builder; and a recognized leader and visionary; with a talent for working with people and organizations. Mr. Huggins began his career as a U.S. Air Force Telecommunications Information Technology/ Telecommunications Officer. During his twenty-one years in the Air Force, he was involved in the design, acquisition, project management, operation and maintenance of IT, Telecommunications and cable infrastructure systems around the world. Since his retirement, he has owned and co-founded several technology businesses: forming his first company in 1995. His first company provided contract support for the operation and maintenance of Nortel and Avaya telephone switching systems; as well as, cable infrastructure systems design, installation & maintenance contracts at numerous military Installations and Government facilities around the nation. Mr. Huggins holds a BS, a dual-Masters and MBA degrees and has completed a host of technical courses, including a Certified Fiber-To-The–Home Professional Course.
Arthur Edwards – Chief Operating Officer
Mr. Edwards is a hands-on executive with over thirty (30) years of diversified and progressive telephone switching system management, sales, engineering and operations experience. He has held management positions at Nortel-Williams Communications Solutions and Shared Technologies; which included the management of over 200 personnel, in the daily operational activities of the Customer Service Operations, and Orders and Systems Upgrades division; the oversight of a wide variety of services including telephone systems for on‑site and remote locations, voice mail and call management applications; the management of all upgrades, analyzing new communications technologies, negotiating service contracts, coordinating new installations, directing maintenance/repairs, purchasing equipment, and processing equipment invoices; the interface with end users and vendors; coordinate moves, adds and changes and provide additional training whenever necessary; as well as the development and implementation of a Customer Focused Program designed to provide highest level of customer service and satisfaction. Mr. Edwards is intimately familiar with Nortel and Avaya enterprise telephone systems.